Austin Showalter
Last Sunday we had the chance to travel from our village close to the T-bet (Ch-na) border, to the actual border. Some of our N-pali friends were able to cross but our team was not allowed. We hung out in the town, got some food and Shane and I got shaved. There is a river that separates N-pal from Ch-na and the road we traveled follows it. At one point there is a nice view of a waterfall across the river in Ch-na. Kush and I decided to try to cross over so we could say we were in Ch-na. We found a way down the cliff to the rivers edge but stopped there because the river was too strong to cross. We almost made it inside Ch-na.
The climate is slowly changing here. While it is getting hotter it is also starting to rain. We are at the very beginning of the rainy season. I like the rain because the cloud cover cools down the temperature considerably. As we travel down south in the coming weeks it will get very, very Hot.
Our team really enjoyed participating in the outreach with 6 N-pali students. It is rewarding to build relationships with them. Even though we can't talk perfectly with them, we still joke around with them and are able to communicate many things.
Yesterday we returned to one of the villages in which we spent a little over two weeks. It is really good to see familiar faces and catch up with some local friends.
Praises:
Travel safety
Guidance as we prepare to speak at a school in a few weeks.
Requests:
Health. Once a week at least one of us gets sick.
Upcoming travels
Peace,
Austin
Jeremiah 1:7,8
But the L-rd said to me,'Do not say, 'I am only a child.'
You must go to everyone I send you and say whatever I command you.
Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you, declares the L-rd."
No comments:
Post a Comment