“Take more, take more! Please, please.”
I have heard these words many times since arriving in India. The hospitality here is overwhelming! I am given much more food than I would ever eat at home, and then told to take more. A few times more food has been added to my plate. Whenever we visit with someone, we are always served drinks and food. We are given tea several times a day. The people here are more than willing to share what they have with us. We are treated like royalty! We are freely shown hospitality.
Jess and I are staying with a host family, and they have been taking such good care of us. They have gone above and beyond what I would ever expect. They are always making sure we are okay, and that we have everything we need, even the little things. The first two nights Jess and I got some mosquito bites, so the next night our host family put a mosquito net over our bed. We are treated as if we are part of the family. Our host mother told us whenever we want to eat any of the fruit at the house, to just take it. She said that is what her son does, and we should do the same. Our host family also includes us in family prayer time.
The man who drives our team places never complains. He always cheerfully drives us wherever we need to go, and interacts with us. He has been very helpful with driving us places, and explaining things to us. His wife has helped us out a lot too. She helped Jess and I whenever we went to buy the material for our Indian clothes. She told us what colors would look best on us, which fabrics would be the most practical, and which necklines would suit each of us best. This was not a speedy process, yet she never grew impatient.
We have been invited to events since we first arrived as if we have had lifelong friends here. We have been invited to birthday celebrations, a house dedication, cells, and into homes. The prayer team has warmly welcomed us into their prayer times.
The people here have blessed our team so much by their warm hospitality. I am reminded of Roms 12:13- Share with His people who are in need. Practice hospitality. I have definitely seen that verse put into action among the people here.
-Natasha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so thankful to read your post and hear how you are being cared for. I am so thankful for your host family. I feel that other countries really do give we Americans a lesson in hospitality. I continue to lift you and your team in prayer. I love you!!!
Its good to see that you guys are doing well. Everyone on our team says hello and wish you a Feliz Navidad!
Jason
Post a Comment